Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Things I Would Buy. . . If Only They Were Legally Available

I'm sure everyone has sort of a list like this in their head - of things they would immediately purchase if only such a thing actually existed.

Here's a few of mine:

Seasons 2 thru 5 of Growing Pains on DVD. So far, only one season of the highly underrated 80's sitcom has been released on DVD - and that was five years ago. I guess it didn't sell very well, so it may be highly underrated only from my perspective. I prefer it to either The Cosby Show or Family Ties. You can catch a few old episodes on WB.com and I have a few more on VHS, but that is a far cry from having the full set! Notice that I'm not even asking for seasons 6 or 7 (which took place even though the series had run out of steam by then) - however, I don't have much hope that we will see any further seasons released.

Teen Angel on DVD with commentary and deleted scenes. I'm talking about the 1989 "miniseries" which ran during episodes of the Mickey Mouse Club on the Disney Channel. Never heard of it? Not surprised. However, it is a television classic about a misfit kid who loves the fifties, and needs help from his James Dean-eque guardian angel to get the attention of a girl at school. If you're not already convinced, maybe I should mention that the guardian angel is played by Jason Priestley. Yes, THAT Jason Priestley. Pre-90210 Jason Priestley. Before he was Jason Priestley. Plus, the girl is played by Renee O'Connor, who I think went on to become the sidekick of Xena Warrior Princess. It's the bomb!

Adventures in Babysitting Soundtrack. I actually thought of it this morning and did a quick search. I believe there is some sort of an underground version that someone has created, but a legitimate one was never produced. Still - that movie had some good music:

Babysitting Blues - Then He Kissed Me - Expressway to your Heart - Future in your Eyes - Twenty Five Miles - Evil (Is Going On) - The Brady Bunch Theme - What Does It Take (To Win Your Love?) - Just Can't Stop - Albert's Smokin' Ice - Gimme Shelter -Real Wild Child - Blues had a Baby and they Named it Rock-N-Roll -Bring it on Home to Me

2 comments:

Juankers said...

Would the Teen Angel DVD also have a hilarious blooper reel?

princess said...

i like this very much yar
Entertainment
Music