Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Show Me That Smile Again

Hey, thanks, Warner Bros. It's about dang time you got this out on the market.

FIVE YEARS after the first season was released on DVD, the second season will finally be released on April 26, 2011. At this rate, we will have all seven seasons of Growing Pains on DVD in the spring of 2036, when DVDs will be obsolete and I will be planning my retirement.

I have a lot of these episodes taped off Denver's 2 and Albuquerque's 14 from back in 1991, but I would rather have them on DVD .

Season 2 introduces the name of Boner Stabone's father in episode 12 - Sylvester. Wait for it. . .

It also features perhaps the best episode title of the series - Jimmy Durante Died for Your Sins. Never made sense until I looked up who Jimmy Durante was.

And there are many episodes that I haven't seen for many years. I'm pretty excited. They don't make shows like this anymore.

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Yay! I know you have been waiting for this for a long time.