Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Ill Will for CU

Let's be clear, I don't give a crap about college football anymore. If they came out tomorrow and said it was canceled for the rest of eternity I wouldn't care one bit.

That being said, what's transpiring with the superconferences has me a bit excited, specifically the notion that the Pac-12 could soon grow to the Pac-16 by adding some combination of Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas Tech, and Baylor.

The University of Colorado is unhappy with this possibility, mainly because they ditched the Big 12 to join the sexier Pac-10 just last year. They were so pleased with themselves and talked about how much better their academic mission aligned with the elite schools of the Pac-10 and how much of a better fit it was to be in California because that's where all their alumni live anyway and blah blah blah. I'm surprised they didn't pack up the whole campus and the city of Boulder and move it all out to the Pacific coast.

So the very idea of CU breaking away from their family to go off to California and court all the pretty girls, only to be joined a year later by their hayseed brethren from the Southwest, who are going to sit up to the dinner table and scrape a heaping portion of the feast off CU's plate for themselves, and then go out and take their turn with the pretty girls. . . well, it's a beautiful thing to me.

I so hope it happens. It might very well be the highlight of my 2011 sports year.

I'm not sure when or why CU started bugging me so much. All I know is they do.

No comments: