Thursday, August 20, 2020

Most Influential Albums: Day Ten

 

Well, it only took me two and a half months to finish this list. I suppose that I can see the reasoning behind posting just the album covers with no explanation. But it gave me something to write about on the blog so that was good. 

When I was in my younger years, I was pretty skeptical of any music that was B.T. (before Thriller) because anything older wasn't from "my era". But at some point that changed and I started to embrace classic rock as being some pretty cool stuff. I've had a hard time putting a finger on a single artist or album that led me down that path. Eventually I settled on Queen as being perhaps the band that led me to drop my arbitrary 1982 line in the sand and experience more of what the decade of my birth had to offer. I was initially exposed to Queen through the inclusion of "Bohemian Rhapsody" in Wayne's World as well as having to perform their various sports anthems in high school pep band.

So for my final offering, I'm going with their Greatest Hits album as my final, "most influential" album. I hope you've enjoyed coming along with me on this journey.

No comments: