Saturday, July 19, 2008

Vinyl Flooring & Me


I've been putting off the vinyl flooring project for awhile. Finally, I decided I was ready to do it. After consulting with my advisors, I decided that I needed to put down some plywood to provide a nice surface. One problem - I lacked the tools to make the precise cuts needed to fit the pieces of floor together and to cut the hole for the toilet. Since we've been renters for so long, I've never had much need for power tools. I thought about borrowing a jigsaw but then realized they were only $30 at Lowe's, so this beauty came home with me.




Here's the bathroom stripped of its flooring. I suppose we could have just slapped the vinyl flooring over the top of this material, but it was not in the best condition.


Here's a closeup of one of the cuts my new jigsaw made for me - what a handy tool to have around. As a side note, I hate the date stamp feature on our camera. If you even breathe on it wrong, it resets to 1/1/02. So that's why the date is so weird. I'm turning the entire feature to "off" and we'll just dispense with knowing what dates the pictures were taken. Actual date was 7/12/08.


And at last - the finished product. There are some slight imperfections and probably some things I would have done differently, but I guess it came out pretty good for my first time. And it only took me working all day from 9 am to 11 pm last Saturday! It's amazing what you can do with the right tools.

2 comments:

Becca said...

Lookin' good!

Benito said...

Good deal. Most digital cameras store the photo date inside the picture file.