Monday, October 27, 2008

Brand Loyalty

What brands are you loyal to?

I admit, most of the time it doesn't really matter. The $1 bag of cotton swabs from the Dollar Tree works about as well as the $4 box of Q-Tips from Wal-Mart. And you get twice as many. But there are a few things where the store brand or any other brand just won't do. Here are a few of mine:

Right Guard deodorant. I figured this one out early on. Nothing else works as well. Speed Stick sucks. Old Spice - nope.

Campbell's Soup. Store brands are pretty yucky. They are cheaper, but to me it's not worth the price difference. I've tried Progresso Soups - it is a bigger can, and I think they're trying to make good soups, but it's just not working out for them.

Hush Puppies. The shoes, not the deep-fried balls of dough. I just got some for my birthday, and man are they great. I'm probably never buying a different brand for the rest of my life, even if I have to make an occassional trip to the outlet store in Las Vegas solely for the purpose of buying them. It's like wearing slippers to work - but they look way nicer! The first pair I owned was when I left on my mission. They also were the first pair I wore out on my mission. But I never forgot them. I bought another pair a few years back and they're still going strong but starting to show some age. It's as if all other makers of men's dress shoes do product testing to make sure the shoes are as unforgiving as possible. I know, because pretty much every other pair I've ever owned, I've also hated.

No comments: