Wednesday, November 12, 2008

More Bailouts


So we're bailing out Wall Street. And now we're going to also bailout Detroit automakers since the unions have pretty much sucked the life out of them. I started in on a post about this a few weeks ago, but didn't finish, because who cares? It's out of my hands.

My question is this - who is going to bail out the big-box retailers?

Who is going to bailout Linens n' Things? They're liquidating all their assets and no one is lifting a finger to help them out. Where will Americans go to buy overpriced crap for their homes? I suppose they'll go to Bed, Bath & Beyond although I can't imagine how long that will last since it's not even as good of a store as Linens n' Things. I guess Americans will have to settle for buying moderately priced crap at Wal-Mart and Target.

And what about Circuit City? They have to close a bunch of stores and I don't see Congress doing anything to help them out. If we don't bailout Circuit City, Americans will have to resort to Best Buy for electronic crap. And Best Buy already charges three times what stuff is worth so I can't imagine that's a good thing for middle-class Americans.

We better start getting something in the pipeline for these guys because after what is sure to be a dismal December for these guys, they are going to need some help. I'm a little worried about JC Penney myself. Every week they send out a flyer advertising the Sale of the Ages. Let's get going on this before it gets out of hand.

No comments: