Saturday, June 26, 2010

Sonic Happy Hour

I spent all day outside yesterday during our 99 degree scorcher yesterday. That's according to the temp at DIA - however, the van was saying it was as high as 102 on our way home. The solution for my hot day was exactly as it has been on so many other hot days in recent memory - a trip to the local Sonic.

If you didn't already know, every day between 2 and 4 is Happy Hour at Sonic. All drinks and slushes are 1/2 price. So, for instance, if you purchase a Route 44 size Cherry Limeade - which is basically Sonic's Super Size - the regular price is $2.19, but if you show up during happy hour that big boy is yours for just $1.10. And if the 44 ouncer is just too much for you, you can go with a smaller size and your drink will probably be less than a buck.

The limeades are really good - my preference is Cherry, while the wife prefers the Cranberry. Icy, syrupy, delight with a couple of real lime wedges found at the bottom of your foam cup. It pretty much makes a hot sweaty day worth it.

3 comments:

Gretchen said...

I love Sonic Happy Hour. But I don't remember--is it only on weekdays, or weekends as well?

Zethro said...

I believe it is every day.

Juankers said...

I took advantage of happy hour when I was in Kansas, the only problem was I got a huge drink and had to hurry drink it all before my flight left. Not my best use of happy hour.