Friday, August 1, 2008

Parking Protocol

I often look out window and find a red Toyota Tundra parked in front of our home. I wonder to myself who is here to visit us in such a shiny truck. Turns out - no one.

I believe it belongs to a gentleman caller of the daughter of our across-the-street neighbor. For some reason, he parks in front of our house and then crosses the street, even though there is available space in front of our neighbor's house. It's not like he's parking off to the side, either. He's directly in front of our house. I've noticed it four or five times. So far it is unclear to me why he does this.

When I drive my car to visit the homes of other people, I usually make every effort to park in front of their home - after all, that is who I'm visiting. If that's not possible and I have to park somewhere else, I usually choose a less conspicuous place such as in front of a fence or on the corner of the property. But maybe I'm just weird.

It doesn't bother me that he does this - it just puzzles me. Maybe it's because we're new to home ownership. We lived in a townhome community previously - and almost saw blood shed a couple of times over people parking in places that others did not approve of.

No comments: