Thursday, September 18, 2008

Sucktember

So there's my attempt at coining a new term. A failed attempt, I guess, because I just googled "Sucktember" and there were 120 results. So it's not knew. But maybe I'll hurry and print it up on some T-shirts. Do you think they'll sell? Or do you think the Colorado Rockies Baseball Club will attempt to copyright "Sucktember" for their exclusive use?

Has anything been more painful to follow than the National League West this season? The Arizona Diamondbacks jumped out to a fast start and then said, "Hey, guys, you know what? We changed our minds - is anyone else interested in winning this thing?" The Rockies had several opportunities to jump all over that and take control. And several times it appeared they were ready to do just that - they'd go on a nice little streak, and just when the time was right - they'd crap out and do something like get swept by the Washington Nationals.

The Rockies finally surrendered with a nice seven-game losing streak earlier this month. The D-backs were swept by the Dodgers and handed the division over at that point. Whatever. I don't really watch baseball anymore. I saw half of the All-Star Game this year and maybe I'll watch some of the playoffs (although listening to Tim McCarver and Joe Buck is a huge deterrent). I didn't even listen to the Rockies on 850 KOA much this year because there was no point. I thought I would get to Coors Field for at least one game this summer but I never made it.

I don't know what the point of this post even is. I guess just to say, "Yep, these are the Rockies I know. Nothing says Colorado baseball like 76-86."

No comments: