Saturday, March 28, 2009

True Story

I filled out my office bracket the night before it was due. I had Missouri going all the way to the championship. I slept on it, and then decided that was stupid. So I switched the pick to Memphis and put Memphis all the way to the championship. I felt pretty good about my decision, especially after listening to everyone heap praise upon Memphis for a solid week. So imagine my dismay when Missouri whipped Memphis the other night. Paired with my bad Wake Forest pick, the left side (Midwest/West) of my bracket is now officially done. However, I'm still in good shape on the right (East/South), having picked all four of the final 8 teams on that side correctly.

The real star of the show, however, is Elizabeth, who had kind of a mediocre bracket for the first two rounds but then successfully picked 7 of the final 8 teams. Maybe next year I will have her fill out my office bracket. . .

Moral of the story - sleeping on it doesn't help when it comes to filling out brackets.

No comments: