Friday, April 3, 2009

He's Gone

Wow. . . so within 90 minutes of my last post, the Broncos announced that they traded Jay Cutler to the Bears. I wasn't expecting it to go down quite that fast.

I'm so glad the kid is gone from here. And not solely because of the childish kid-stuff garbage of the last month.

I never liked him in the first place. Seriously, I didn't. It was kind of a moral dilemma for me personally. I want to root for my favorite NFL team, but that also means rooting for their starting quarterback - who kinda bugged me for reasons that I could never quite put my finger on.

So now I am relieved of all that. I think I can manage rooting for Kyle Orton.

And what about Jay's agent, Bus Cook? He sounds like a real first-rate doofwad. He has presided over consecutive offseason quarterback soap operas - last year, of course, being the Brett Favre edition.

Someone, somewhere, is writing a screenplay based upon the events of the past thirty-five days. When this is released, it will be entitled, "He's Just Not That Into You." And it could be told from either perspective, is the great thing.

The Broncos got a pretty good haul - I think. In addition to Kyle Orton, they obtained two first round picks and a third-rounder. Of course, if the players they pick all turn out to be duds, it won't be a good haul. But hopefully they get a couple of guys who are 10-year starters.

So it's good that Mike Shanahan is not still around or he would be trying to bring in Michael Vick or putting together a package of high draft choices to move up in the fourth round and snag the latest talent with a troubled past on the cheap.

No comments: