Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Observations on Kingergarten Cop

I never do this, but one night recently Kingergarten Cop was on one of the cable channels - TBS or TNT - I don't remember and it doesn't matter, but I sat and watched the whole thing.

This movie seemed really dated. I remember seeing Kindergarten Cop in the theater 20 years ago, for one of my friends' birthday parties. Afterwards, his mom was concerned that my mom would be upset that she had taken me to a PG-13 movie. Even though I was 15 years old at the time.

Sometimes when I'm watching a movie I like to say lines out loud from one of the actor's other movies. Penelope Ann Miller is in Kindergarten Cop, so field day for me.

"You just moved!"
"I don't have any cash!"
"Why would you hurt a poor defenseless little kitten?"

Arnold might be the weirdest movie star ever. They try to portray him in this movie to be a real studly cop who has all the womenfolk swooning. But Arnold making out with Penelope Ann Miller. . . it's kinda gross.

That being said, Arnold is hilarious. "It's not a tumah!"

If they made a show about dumbest movie criminals ever, Cullen Crisp is probably in the top 10. He attempts the kidnapping even though he's already introduced himself to the principal and knows that the cop who has been trying to nail him for years is in the building. He sets fire to the school to create a diversion, but that only guaranteed that firefighters and law enforcement were going to be on the scene in a matter of mintues. His plan had about zero percent chance of working.

No comments: