Monday, October 17, 2011

Zethro's Fall TV Preview Part II

The Biggest Loser (Tuesdays, NBC): E-liz would probably love it if I would get on board with this show. But I just haven't been able to do it. The melodrama of this show has just proven to be too much for me to handle. I can't handle the tears and the yelling and screaming. I can't handle that scale beep-beep-beeping for five minutes before it finally gives the weight. I can't handle breaking to commerical in the middle of a weigh-in. I can't handle that Alison Sweeney chick reciting "your current weight is. . ." with such gravity you'd think she was presenting the Best Picture Oscar. I can't handle that trainer guy Bob and his beard. I can't handle every episode being two hours long.

Survivor (Wednesday, CBS): I just keep coming back. I proclaimed before this season that I was going to take another hiatus from Survivor. But then I heard that not one, but two Mormons were going to be on this season. One of the Mormons is Dawn, who's in her forties and I think a BYU professor. The other Mormon is a guy, but I'm not even sure of his name because so far they've given him about 2.8 seconds of screen time. There is also this guy Brandon on this season who is a real piece of work. It's always amazing how the players get so offended about being voted off and the other Survivors not playing with integrity. Uh. . . this show has been on for like 12 years, guys. Get with the program. I still watch, maybe only because I can sit and make snide remarks about Jeff Probst.

Well, I'm already out of time for today so this will have to do for now. This may end up being a five-parter.

No comments: