Thursday, October 17, 2013

An Evening with Brian Regan

My sister-in-law Jodi spearheaded a trip to Red Rocks to see Brian Regan at Red Rocks on August 9. This is a picture of all of us on the way in - me, Elizabeth, my nephew Andrew, my sister-in-law Dorothy, my brother-in-law Will, and the aforementioned Jodi.

Here's a picture of the stage from our seats. I took a lot of pictures while we were waiting, but none of them came out that great. This was our second trip to Red Rocks - we also lucked into tickets to see the Mormon Tabernacle Choir in 2009.

A lot of Mormons like Brian Regan, too. This may have been the largest assemblage of Mormons in 2013 outside of General Conference, although I cannot verify that as truth. I'm glad he has enough of a following to be able to fill a venue like Red Rocks. It shows that there is a market for comedians that don't need to use f-bombs or talk about genitalia to get laughs. It was a good show, although I can't really recall any of the jokes. He did trot out the "spelling bee" bit which is on his CD - I do remember that much.

Lastly, here's a picture of these three sisters at the show. The one on the left is in fact, not Inspector Gadget. Anyways, it was a fun night out to see Brian Regan live and in person.

No comments: