Friday, October 11, 2013

My Annual Mile High Excursion

Once per year, I usually have the opportunity to attend a Broncos preseason game. My boss and his friend have seasons tickets, and like most season ticket holders they prefer to unload them for free on whoever wants to go. He offered me tickets for the preseason finale against the Arizona Cardinals. You know, the game where the starters play very little, if at all. The seats aren't too bad - they are in the east stands, upper level, 50-yard line. And I got the parking pass - which is more awesome than it sounds - it makes getting home so much easier than messing around with the light rail.

The Broncos have a huge new video board. Here's a picture. It's truly enormous.

Here's a fun picture of the sun setting behind the stadium. As the saying goes, "If God's not a Broncos fan, then why are sunsets orange?"

This was part of the halftime festivities. It's a kid's team playing some Mascot All-Stars. Of course Miles was there, along with Rocky from the Denver Nuggets. I guess Dinger was busy, or too much of a loser. Also, that's Arby's Curly Fries straddling the 10-yard line. He had no arms.

Here's a shot from the real game. Peyton Manning didn't play at all. Brock Osweiler started at QB, and gave way to Zac Dysert in the second half. The Broncos came from ahead to lose this one. Usually when I go to these preseason games you can spot several jerseys of the opposing team throughout the stadium. However, there were precious few Cardinals fans there. I could have probably counted the ones I saw on my two hands.

Here we are enjoying our time at the game. Maybe someday I'll luck into some regular season tickets.

No comments: